Friday, October 3, 2008

Poor Baby!

Okay so my precious Lily Kate started to have a little congestion yesterday. I then went to Bunco to celebrate with a Bunco baby shower for Mrs. K and baby boy A. It was so fun and so nice to celebrate with K. So I came home and all was quite Eddie did an awesome job with all 4 and they were all asleep. Yeah Dad!
So Miss Lily kept waking up and crying and that is so not my baby girl. She is an awesome sleeper. So the whole night she rested on and off on my chest. So first thing this morning I called and took her in b/c I thought I saw her touch her ear.
So 8:30 am at the Pedi's office and 10 minutes later she was diagnosed with a 2.5 ear infection with 4 being the worse. Can you believe that? No fever just a change in personality. I am so glad I went with my gut instinct so my 4 1/2 month old baby girl is on antibiotics for 10 days. We will follow up in 10 days for a recheck. So, my first instinct is that she is getting an ear infection b/c I didn't nurse her. The doctor said No that wasn't it sometimes it just happens. Could it be because she was born at 36 weeks. No. It just happens. She will be fine in a few days so until then there will be extra cuddling. Thank goodness for Grammie living so close to help with Mikey and Dad will be home too this weekend to give her more TLC. It makes me so sad to have a sick baby.
For now the babies are resting and Carter and I are getting ready to play Scrabble Jr. we just had lunch with Chase. It was so nice to be with him during lunch.
We have plans to go to the lake with friends this weekend so look for fun pics.

Laura

No comments: